Industrial pipe fitters are part of a highly skilled trade that is responsible for determing the industrial layout of specialized pipes, cutting them to size, and installing them in a variety of industrial settings. Their pipes tend to be a part of high-pressure systems that require a specialized knowledge of pipe materials and installation techniques. Like other professions, pipefitters benefit from resumes that effectively document their skills. The following pipefitter resume example provides a great framework for a new resume.
900 Steampipe Lane
Fresno, CA 77555
Senior Pipefitter with primary experience in installing and repairing variable pressure pipe systems used in factories, utilities, and HVAC systems. Uses knowledge of construction techniques and planning to design and build piping systems efficiently and with high quality. Excellent team player, stays on task, and easy to work with. Safety-centric with no accidents in a nearly 10-year career.
• New pipe and fixture installations.
• Troubleshooting and repair of industrial piping systems.
• Inspection of and test of pipelines and pipe systems.
• Advanced blueprints and building codes.
• Analyze piping needs for new construction projects.
May 2011 – Present
• Inspect and test pipe routes using equipment such as guages and hydrostatic testing.
• Cut damaged pipe lengths and assemble and install new pipes using appropriate tools.
• Maintain installation equipment and tools.
• Cut holes in structures for proper pipe installation.
• Attach pipes to structures, such as walls, brackets, tanks, and more.
• Apply efficient time management to stay on project schedule.
• Reconditioned existing pipe systems by cleaning and modifying structures.
• Installation of PVC, ductile, steel, and copper piping in process configurations.
• Apply advanced knowledge of blueprints to efficiently understand work parameters.
CALIFORNIA COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS
July 2007 – May 2011
• Assisted senior pipefitter with selecting and cutting pipe, welding sections, and testing results.
• Maintained and repaired all hand and power tools to avoid delays in project schedule.
• Interpreted blueprints and proposed piping designs. Eventually became senior pipefitter’s design consultant due to skills in construction planning and design.
• Shared 24/7 on-call responsibilities with the team and was successful in performing services when called upon.
• Acted as designated safety coordinator for pipefitter team.
• Graduated apprenticeship in less than four years.
Fresno Technical College
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Technology, May 2007
Necessary Components of a Pipefitter Resume
Provide your phone number and email address. Double-check for accuracy, and make sure your email address looks professional.
This is a short, succinct statement that summarizes your background and your strengths.
This is solid list of your leading skills. Be sure to look at your target job and include skills that match yours in the list.
Name the company, location, job title, dates worked, background of duties, and measurable achievements for each of your current and former employers. Use the pipefitter resume example for guidance.
Include all post-secondary education, training, and certifications.
4 Resume Don’ts
• Don’t spend too much time describing experience greater than 15 years old. Emphasize your most recent experience. For older jobs, you only need to mention company, job title, and dates of employment.
• Don’t worry too much about keeping your resume to one page, especially if you have significant experience. However, your pipefitter resume should never be longer than two pages.
• Don’t mention skills and activities that you don’t have much interest in pursuing in the future.
• Don’t include personal statistics such as age, health status, etc. That information has nothing to do with your qualifications for most jobs.